At Vicarious Books we want our guides to be the best they can, so feedback is very important.
Customer submissions help to improve the guides and all comments, both good and bad, are read and where possible acted upon.
You can submit an online form by clicking here.
It is possible to print off more submissions forms for campsite submissions by clicking here.
If you wish to send us general comments please Click Here or write to:
Submissions, Vicarious Books, Unit 1 North Close Business Centre, Shorncliffe Industrial Estate, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 3UH
Become an Inspector:
To be an inspector you must have the following skills:
- To write vibrantly, with authority and grammatical accuracy
- Proven ability for excellent research and fact checking
- Be an experienced traveller
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Great resilience and tenacity
You must also have the following equipment:
- Your own motorhome/caravan/tent
- The 'Tools of the trade', (eg laptop computer and good digital camera)
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Professional writing experience
- Travel writing experience
- Written or spoken foreign language skills
Inspectors are appointed once they have proven they have the required skills. Before applying to become an inspector you must have submitted at least 5 site submissions using the online submission form over a period of a year. Once you have submitted five sites fill in the Becoming an Inspector for Vicarious Books questionnaire.
Don't call us, we'll call you! Projects don't happen overnight and it may be some time before a suitable project is available. If we like what we see we will contact you when we have a proposal.
Submit a manuscript
If you have an idea for a book relating to motorhoming, campsites, or camping holidays or have already written one on this subject please send us the following:
- Details of content, chapter by chapter
- The introduction and first chapter if you have written it or a short sample piece of writing as if extracted from your proposed book
- How your book would be different and better than the other guides currently available
- Some details about yourself and why you would be the best person to write such a guide
Once we have evaluated your submission we will contact you if we have a proposal.